Downtown Lafayette’s Parcs are the center for activity in the district.
Downtown Lafayette’s Parcs are the center for activity in the district. They are the places where a wide variety of people gather for concerts, festivals, family events, fundraisers, and communal meals. They are open for lease to any 501(c) non-profit organization and the rental process is fairly straightforward with accessible rates. Please read the guidelines and information included below before filling out the Parc Rental Application.
The Downtown Parc system includes the following locations:
- Parc International
- Parc Sans Souci
- Parc Putnam
- Parc de Lafayette
Other parks and event spaces in Lafayette cannot be rented or leased through this site. To inquire about park and facility rentals outside of Downtown, please contact the Parks and Recreation Department at LCG.
What are the steps to renting a Downtown Parc?
- First, read all of the information and rental requirements in the section below.
- Fill out the Downtown Parc Rental Application form
- Our office will contact you to initiate the lease process once the application has been reviewed.
- Sign the lease agreement which will then be sent to the city for approval.
- You will be required to pay the parc rental fees and deposits, then secure all required certificates, permits, and plan approvals 30 days prior to the event.
Once you have the proper requirements covered, the parc is yours to utilize for your event date
Parc Rental Requirements
The Downtown Parcs are managed by Downtown Lafayette but are the property of Lafayette Consolidated Government. Therefore, all lessees must follow the guidelines and procedures laid forth by LCG.
Unless it is for a wedding, Downtown Parcs are only able to be rented by a 501(c) non-profit organization. To rent a Parc, you will be required to provide proof of affiliation with a registered 501(c) organization. An individual or for-profit business can only host an event in partnership with a non-profit.
Booking is required 30 days in advance of the event date. The Parcs are rented on a first-come-first-served basis, so booking early is essential. Some dates may be blocked for recurring annual events.
- Cooking is not permitted in the parcs without prior approval. Be sure to indicate on your application if the event involves a cook-off, cooking, etc. so it can be approved by Lessor and permitted by Lafayette Fire Department.
- Sleeping/camping is not permitted in the parcs.
- Performances/Events held in the parcs shall comply with all applicable laws, ordinances, and regulations established by federal, state, or local governmental agencies or bodies
- Public is not to be served in glass containers.
- The Lessee must be a non-profit organization and provide proof of their 501(c) status
- Booking is required at least 30 calendar days prior to the lease period.
- Decorating of parcs is permissible, contingent upon approval by Lessor/DLU of all materials. Nothing is to be affixed to structures outside the parc.
- Lessee is to provide all materials, such as tables, chairs, signage, trash boxes, portalets, etc. for event.
ATTENTION: Read the full LCG Guidelines for Central Parcs Network before filling out the Parc Rental Application.
Fill out the Parc Rental Application Form in order to begin the rental process. Once you submit the application our office will contact you with next steps.
All parc rentals require the following 30 days prior to the event
- Payment for all Parc rental fees and deposits
- A certificate of insurance for the organization
- A special event permit from the Alcohol & Noise Division of LCG – if serving alcohol
- A sound variance from the Alcohol & Noise Division of LCG – if using amplified sound
- A street closure permit from LCG – if street closure is needed
- A fire permit from the Lafayette Fire Department
- A security plan approved by the Lafayette Police Department
Our organization will work with you to provide you with guidelines and procedures for attaining the proper plans, permits, and certifications.
Note: Permits for special events and sound require a signed and executed parc lease before application will be approved. Be sure to get your lease first before applying for permits.
Fees include a mandatory rental fee, cleaning fee, and a damage deposit. Parc International and Parc de Lafayette also require a key deposit. To get an idea of the cost of the Parc rental, please view the Downtown Parc Rental Fees.