Small Business Saturday
As we are approaching the holidays, the team at Downtown Lafayette Unlimited and Downtown Development Authority would like to wish you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving. We are so thankful to be a part of such an incredible downtown community and are looking forward to celebrating Small Business Saturday by shopping small this holiday season!
Downtown Lafayette is home to more than 100 small businesses and is the perfect destination for holiday shopping. Filled with a variety of unique shops from retail clothing, furniture and decor, specialty gifts, books, bikes, artwork, custom jewelry, and more, downtown is destined to have the perfect gift for all of your loved ones. Not to mention, the shopping experience is enhanced by the beautiful streetscape and amazing local restaurants—for when it’s time to take a break from holiday shopping.
Keep reading for more information on where to shop downtown and what to buy the special people in your life!
FOR THE LADIES IN YOUR LIFE
- ADORN –> Stop by ADORN for Women for custom artisan jewelry made by local artists, latest fashion trends, and permanent jewelry.
- Root Floral Design –> For the green thumb in your life. Head over to Root Floral Design to shop a curated selection of plants and gifts as well as a small selection of grab and go flower arrangements and bouquets.
- Acadian Estates & Custom –> Looking to purchase fine jewelry or maybe pop the big question this Christmas? Visit Acadien Estates & Custom for help picking the perfect piece for your loved one from fine jewelry and estates to luxury watches and coins.
- Wild Child Wines –> Wild Child Wines is the perfect spot to shop for the wine connoisseur in your life. With a wine collection curated from all over the world, unique home decor, and a wall of tinned fish, your crazy aunt or best friend would love anything from this shop.
- DBR –> DBR offers a variety of services to meet as many customer needs as possible. Much more than your average interior design firm, they also serve as a retail store location filled with beautiful artwork, furniture, and decor for all styles.
FOR THE ARTSY FARTSY FRIEND
- Preservation Press –> Preservation Press explores the composition of mother nature’s elements by incorporating hand-pressed botanicals into modern day art. Is your loved one on the market for unique wall decor? This is the place.
- Deuxieme Vie Creative –> Interested in creating art for your loved ones this holiday season? Deuxieme Vie Creative‘s mission is to reduce, reuse, and repurpose, so they offer a wide variety of craft kits and materials that can be used to create something special for all ages. The best part is that no two will turn out the same!
- Shop Pavy –> Specializing in custom fabrics, wallpapers, pillows, prints, and more, Shop Pavy‘s products are inspired by artist, Francis Pavy’s visual vocabualry and iconic imagery. Textiles and wallpaper are derived from his original artwork and he hand paints every colorway and pattern in their collection.
- Sans Souci Gallery –> This three dimensional focused art gallery serves as the retail location for the Louisiana Crafts Guild, an organization of fine crafts artisans located throughout the southern region of the United States. Sans Souci Gallery offers a variety of 3D artwork such as ceramics, sculptures, jewelry, and more.
GIFTS FOR THE GUYS
- Rukus –> If your boyfriend or brother enjoys skateboarding or loves shoes, Rukus has you covered. This specialty skateboard shop stocks skateboards, clothing, footwear, and accessories.
- The Cajun Hatter –> For the husband (or wife) who loves hats. Colby Hebert is known for crafting beautiful conversation starters that are worn by celebrities and made with Cajun inspiration. Visit The Cajun Hatter for a custom hat for your special person.
- Hub City Cycles –> Hub City Cycles is your neighborhood bike shop that offers bikes, parts, and accessories at every price point. This is a perfect place to pick up a gift for the guys-on-the-go.
- Right On Fashion –> Specializing in men’s apparel as well as a unique collection of stage wear, coats, and costumes, Right On Fashion is home to many fun and unique finds.
FOR THE VINTAGE JUNKIE
- Lilou –> If you’re looking to shop second-hand, stop by Lilou. This sustainable fashion co-op offers new, used, and vintage clothing, shoes, and accessories from multiple vendors.
- Habibi Vintage –> Looking to fuel your friend’s thrift addiction? Head over to Habibi Vintage to shop one-of-a-kind fashion finds.
- Advintage Thrifts –> Shopping for your entire friend group? Visit Advintage Thrifts for all the pre-loved finds your friends will adore!
- Lagniappe Records —> Record players never go out of style and Lagniappe Records is the perfect place to purchase new and used records for music lovers
FOR THE ZEN FRIEND
- Miss Reba’s –> Specializing in holistic health and wellness products for you and your pets, Miss Reba’s offers a variety of gifts that you can get for anyone (or pet) who priortizes relaxation.
- Pippi’s Purpose –> Along with offering alternative and holistic health products, Pippi’s Purpose also serves as a modern bodega to stock up on favorite local goods and perfect stocking stuffers.
- Sans Paquet –> Sourcing sustainable and ecofriendly products from local makers and national brands, Sans Paquet is the perfect place to pick up home essentials for the friend who wants to leave a positive impact on the environment.
- The Bougie Bar –> Some friends prefer experiences and a night at The Bougie Bar is a great gift. Head over with a bottle of wine, a couple of friends, and get ready to have a fun night making candles!
GIFTS FOR THE FAM
- Beausoleil Books –> This independent bookstore offers a unique collection of books and gifts for all ages. Visit Beausoleil Books today and stock up on essentials for all of the book worms in your life.
- Genterie Supply Co. –> This retail clothing store offers stylish wardrobe pieces, accessories, and home finds for men and women. Find presents for everyone at Genterie Supply Company.
- Parish Ink –> With the simple goal of creating a line of apparel, accessories, and art focused on south Louisiana roots, Parish Ink is a stop you can’t pass up. Find gifts here for the proud Louisianian.
- Discover Store inside of the Lafayette Science Museum –> The Discover Store offers an exciting collection of souvenirs, toys, games, science kits, fossils, and more — each chosen for their ties to exhibits in the Lafayette Science Museum. This is the perfect stop to find gifts for the young and curious minds.
- SOLA Violins –> From violins, violas, cellos, basses, bows, cases, and strings, SOLA Violins has it all. This full-service violin shop works with musicians of all levels thorughout the region, including Baton Rouge, Lake Charles, New Orleans, and Alexandria.
GETTING YOUR HAIR DONE FOR THE HOLIDAYS?
Whether you’re getting yourself ready for the holidays or thinking about gifting a salon appointment/ products to a loved one, downtown has got you covered!
- Salon NV –> A friendly team offering professional salon products and services for any style. They work with every client to curate unique hairstyles.
- Mon Rêve –> An Aveda concept salon providing transformational experiences in a luxurious salon environment.
- MANE Salon –> A salon with a passionate team focusing on offering everything hair and makeup related.
- C. Wolf Barber & Shop –> A traditional barber shop with an elevated ambiance and high quality service.
- Frederick Hair Studio –> A salon that brings you an extensive line of top quality services and treatments by a professionally trained team designed to energize both your health and beauty.
- Refinery Downtown –> An experienced team of professional hairstylists and estheticians working together to create unique, custom, and refined looks to your preference.
- Joie de Vivre Salon & Spa –> A luxury salon and spa experience offering a range of services from blowouts, facials, hot stone massages, and more.