What’s the best way to get involved in the Downtown Lafayette community?
Become a member today.
Downtown Lafayette Unlimited is a non-profit, membership organization
Downtown Lafayette Unlimited was founded in 1983 and has hosted locally cherished traditions like Downtown Alive!—celebrating the unique culture of Acadiana for over three decades. DLU’s events define Downtown as the center of Lafayette and the vital cultural heart of the region, but our efforts go beyond events and concerts.
As a member-based non-profit organization, we work to serve the Downtown community by promoting Downtown and its businesses, advocating for smart growth and investment in the Downtown area, hosting events that bring crowds to Downtown shops and restaurants, and keeping our members connected and informed on all matters relating to Downtown.
Our members are committed to the success of all of Downtown and due to their commitment, they benefit from the increased exposure, access to information, and networking opportunities provided by DLU.
Growth in 2019
Member Events per Year
Here are some of the benefits of becoming a DLU member
Stand in the Spotlight
DLU provides increased exposure for your business or organization by amplifying your existing social media content. We are here to help you stand out in a growing and changing environment and reach the people who want to be Downtown.
We provide regular updates to keep our members informed on all matters Downtown; from new developments and unique events, to efforts our office has taken to work with the city to keep Downtown safe and beautiful.
The members of DLU are a network of individuals and businesses that care about the vitality of our city center. We provide opportunities to connect and engage at our member events and gatherings.
Being a DLU member means supporting all of the things you love about downtown Lafayette. By becoming a member of Downtown Lafayette you are helping us to keep the district vibrant and central to the success of Lafayette as a whole.
Become a member and unlock the benefits of being a part of the Downtown community.
- A meeting with us to discuss your business, its role Downtown, and how you can become more engaged with our community by utilizing our unique resources.
- Opportunity to celebrate key milestones such as grand openings, relocations, and certain business anniversaries.
- Inclusion in our searchable Member Directory on Downtown Lafayette website which includes a link to your business website or Facebook page from the Member Directory on Downtown Lafayette website.
- Networking opportunities through DLU business and community events.
- Invites to DLU’s special events and member-only gatherings.
- Opportunity to serve on the Downtown Lafayette Unlimited board of directors.
- Receive the DLU newsletter featuring access to developing downtown stories and updates on our ongoing projects.
And the best benefit of all:
Knowing that your membership contributes to the growth and vibrancy of Downtown Lafayette.
Membership dues range from $75-$450 annually, depending on business size and membership type.
|Business (1-10 employees)||$150/year|
|Business (11-30 employees)||$180/year|
|Business (31-100 employees)||$255/year|
|Business (101-200 employees)||$315/year|
|Business (201+ employees)||$450/year|
Want to be more involved in Downtown activities? Consider becoming a sponsor of one of our events. Regular events like Downtown Lunch & Learn and Downtown Meet-Up provide unique opportunities for our members, and events like Downtown Alive! and Movies in the Parc provide our sponsors exposure to thousands of Acadiana residents. View our sponsor opportunities to learn more.